to £70,000 per annum plus bonus and benefits.
An expanding, ambitious bridging and development finance lender is looking for a Senior Underwriter for its London based team.
- Management of the underwriting team, coaching and encouraging knowledge gain. Also delivering training and guidance to the rest of the team on risk matters and development needs.
- To proactively manage a pipeline of applications from receipt to completion and making decisions considering potential long term risks and implications.
- Regulatory governance- compliance with the lending and credit policies applicable to the business including management of large exposures and concentration risk.
- Proposing developments and enhancements to the lending policy.
- Ensuring comprehensive up to date procedures/manuals are developed, evolved, documented and followed to ensure the business is developed in a controlled, measured yet efficient way.
- Close liaison with stakeholders internally, and externally with third party service providers.
- A deep understanding of mortgage lending, credit risk, regulated markets and experienced in holding a senior lending mandate.
- Management experience is essential
- Strong knowledge in all aspects of credit risk management including customer propositions, credit and finance in order to liaise effectively with stakeholders.
- A proven track record of understanding complex business requirements and making decisions considering potential long term risks and implications.
- Experience of conversion rates, case timeline management and potential procedural enhancements with the ability to suggest methods to improve or streamline.
- Good experience in credit risk policy, strategy, operations and related procedures. Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to positively influence stakeholders across all parts of the business.
Contact: Keith 07891 906926 email@example.com