- Underwrite and make decision proposals on deals for hard and soft assets.
- Complete annual customer and vendor reviews where large exposures dictate.
- Monitor portfolio performance for all relationships to ascertain the viability of each source.
- Have a clear and detailed understanding of the Risk Acceptance Criteria to be followed in underwriting credit proposals.
- Assess and evaluate customer credit risk through in-depth business and financial analysis.
- Review and approve/decline credit proposals within the credit authority approved for this position/individual.
- Review and present for credit decision to the next level of credit authority, all credit proposals where the credit exposure exceeds the approved credit authority for the position/individual.
- Document and communicate credit decisions in a clear and effective manner and within the timelines agreed with Vendor Partners.
- Undertake Vendor reviews, including site visits where appropriate.
- Deal with fraud, adopting appropriate steps and processes.
- Interface with customers to resolve credit related issues, including on-site visits where necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice and if necessary negotiate with high-risk customers on deal structuring with to maximise the commercial opportunity without compromising credit quality standards.
- Initiate and implement continuous credit process improvement to meet key operational business needs of acceptable turnaround times and high productivity whilst maintaining business controls within appropriate credit standards.
- Be acutely familiar with the UK Region credit portfolio and have a comprehensive overview of the country portfolio’s impaired and non-performing assets and the recovery strategy on each.
- Act as a consultation and reference point for the commercial and credit teams.
- Undertake and complete tasks/projects such as the compilation of activity or portfolio metric reports and any other projects duties which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of the local credit team.
- Demonstrates flexibility in the face of change.
- Time Management: Determines the appropriate allocation of time.
- Task Management: Balances conflicting priorities in order to manage workflow, ensure the completion of essential projects, and meet critical deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to foresee problems and prevent them by taking action.
- Utilises analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret and anticipate needs.
- Written skills: Produces well thought-out, professional correspondence.
- Telephone/E-mail: Uses high quality, professional oral and written skills to project a positive image of the business.
- Interacts professionally with clients and associates at all times.
- Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanour.
- Demonstrates an awareness of fundamental business principles as well as an understanding of the overall industry in which the business operates.
- Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Exhibits sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction.
- Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person(s).
- Experience in a commercial finance / leasing environment with significant experience in a credit assessment role.
- Strong and proven credit assessment skills at both deal and portfolio levels.
- Knowledge of credit underwriting in a Role Based Pricing environment – would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of commercial law, industry, political and economic environments across the UK Region.
- Knowledge of local loan and lease documentation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Highly numerate.
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
About our Client
An independent European Asset Finance provider, offering a range of equipment leasing products and services. Clients receive innovative and intelligent leasing solutions delivered through an approach that is dynamic, efficient and free of any constraints that may be associated with traditional or bank-owned financing operations.
With offices in the UK & Ireland, further expansion is planned into further EMEA markets.
Contact: Peter Dew at fitsRECRUITMENT email@example.com 0750 495 6161