Up to £55,000 + benefits.
Our client is seeking an experienced Underwriter Manager to join a busy team. You will be managing a team of 4 underwriters, liaising with the sales team, reporting to the director, underwriting and ensuring the integrity and quality of new business proposals and the portfolio.
- Obtaining the information required to complete an underwriting proposal which will include liaising with the sales team, asset management and occasionally direct communication either face to face or by telephone with brokers or prospective customers.
- Arranging and attending meetings at the office and at broker/customer sites.
- Presenting underwriting proposals to other underwriters or to the credit committee.
- As applicable, approving proposals under their own authority.
- Completion of Annual Credit Reviews on existing high balance exposures.
- At least 5 years proven experience of underwriting transactions in a vendor or direct asset finance lending environment and having held a personal lending mandate.
- Previous or Current Management experience within Underwriting.
- Specific focus on the underwriting of wheeled assets such as LCV’s, HGV’s, trailers and refuse collection vehicles.
- Knowledge of Data Protection, Anti Money Laundering, Consumer Credit Act, Companies Acts and related legislation.
- Experience of discussing accounting information on a face to face basis with customers to obtain additional information.
- Understanding of the concept of Risk and participate actively in reviewing all aspects of the Company’s portfolio from time to time.
- Proven ability to interpret financial statements and produce a clear written analysis including understanding a customer’s cash flow.
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills.
Please ONLY apply for this position if you have the previous, proven relevant experience with in Financial Services; particularly in Asset Finance, Commercial Motor Finance and Leasing with Management experience.
Contact: If you are interested in this role, please contact Danielle on 01279 713900 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org